Here is one of my “roadside rescues” that sat in my shed for quite a while. I may or may not drive my husband crazy w/ my hoarding…
I couldn’t figure out how I wanted to refinish it.
Then I did an image transfer class and knew exactly what I wanted to do.
I painted the sides with ASCP (50/50 mixture of pure white and old white) waxed and distressed it.
I sanded and waxed the top, altering each triangle w/ dark wax and clear wax. I knew from the shape of the top that I wanted to do an image transfer of a compass.
So I looked for one on Graphics Fairy (great resource for free graphics!).
I found one I wanted, flipped it horizontally (so when you transfer the image the writing isn’t backward) and printed it on the laser (inkjet will smear).
I applied the gel medium for transferring, and then got nervous, b/c I wanted it to be centered, so I stuck a little pin through the center of the image and onto the exact spot I wanted it, held my breath and it worked! I finished it with a few coats of varnish, waxed and buffed it.
I’m so happy with how it turned out! I sold it to someone who sails and said it would be perfect for his office!
Looks like this roadside rescue has found a great home!